'Performance of Australian children on the English Phonics Screening Check...' Wheldall et al

News articles, interviews, research, events and lots more - ready for your comments.
Debbie_Hepplewhite

'Performance of Australian children on the English Phonics Screening Check...' Wheldall et al

Post by Debbie_Hepplewhite »

This is an important study which should contribute significantly to the wide scale adoption of a phonics screening check in Australia - and also a greater understanding of the importance of quality systematic synthetic phonics provision for all children learning to read in the English language.

I have added it to the 'Research and Recommended Reading' forum here - it is very readable and I urge everyone to read it and then press for national uptake of a phonics screening check in other countries teaching the English language as a significant aspect of the schools' curriculum:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1250&p=2575#p2575

This is also an important study for the mainstream MultiLit programme specifically so I've added it to another forum: 'Synthetic Phonics Success Stories and Projects Around the World' here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1252